Who here has seen the movie Miss Congeniality? In it, the beauty pageant host (played by William Shatner) says, “Miss Rhode Island, please describe your idea of a perfect date.” What does Miss Rhode Island reply? “That’s a tough one. I’d have to say April 25th. Because it’s not too hot, not too cold, all you need is a light jacket.” And in a way, that’s exactly how I feel about cardigans, shrugs, and shawls!
When I’m going out, I like to grab a cardigan, shrug, or shawl because they function in just about every situation. They’re not too heavy, and they’re not too light. They can keep you warm in a chilly room, but as long as it isn’t ninety degrees outside, you can still wear one on warm days without overheating. That’s why I feel like cardigans, shrugs, and shawls are the best all-purpose gift for those of us who knit and crochet.
Free Patterns: Cardigans, Shrugs, and Shawls, oh my!
In honor of our love for these chic accessories, we’ve collected the top-rated cardigans, shrugs, and shawls from AllFreeCrochet.com and AllFreeKnitting.com. Each of these gorgeous, free patterns are sure to astound and delight all of your friends and family!
Free Cardigan Patterns
- Tassel Fringe Blanket Cardigan (shown)
- Centaur Cardigan
- Eyelet Cardigan Knitting Pattern (shown)
- Buttoned Lace Cardigan Red Heart
- Sucre Cardigan (shown)
- Cascading Kimono Pattern
- Lemon Kimono Cardigan (shown)
- The Kristi Cardi – So special!
- Snuggler Cardigan Crochet Sweater Cocoon
- Overcast Crochet Sweater – Cozy!
Free Shrug Patterns
- Openwork Crochet Shrug (shown)
- Leading Lady Vintage Shrug – We’re ready for our close-up!
- Open Air Shrug (shown)
- Whispering Willows Knit Shrug
- Flirty Pink Shell Shrug Crochet Pattern (shown)
- Enchanted Forest Shrug
- Elegant Evening Shrug – Fave!
- Ruffled Edges Shrug Red Heart Pattern (shown)
- Unique Lace Crochet Wrap
- Arizona Sunset Shrug
Free Shawl Patterns
- Among the Moorlands Wrap (shown)
- Wonderful One Row Shawl
- Candy Apple Knit Shawl Pattern
- Sweet Scarlet Poncho (shown)
- Lunar Crossings Shawl
- Ball of Ladders Shawl
- Double Salt Shawl (shown)
- Summer Rose Shawl – So sweet!
- Ball of Ladders Shawl
- Smoky Mountains Triangle Wrap (shown)
- Simple Granny Shawl – WOW!
Here’s the big question: Which do you like best? Cardigans, shrugs, or shawls? Tell us in the comments!
The post Free Patterns: Cardigans, Shrugs, and Shawls, oh my! appeared first on Stitch and Unwind.